may 19, 2010
We have to file quarterly reports with the Peace Corp office. This information is shared with Panamanian agencies and with PC in Washington. Here’s the major portion of my submission.
1) Developed website for ADATA, the network of enironmental groups of the Chiriqui Highlands with a counterpart. http://www.adataeng.megabyet.net
2) Helped a governmental agency (the local office of MIDA) remove viruses from their machine using a bootable anti-virus program. Installed a linux system, Mint alongside their windows operating system. They can choose which to use a start-up. If they want to clear a usb device of viruses they can boot into Mint. They do not have internet access and they use USB storage devices frequently, which transmits infections they get from internet cafes. I left them a copy of the anti-virus program and offered to train them in its use as well as the Linux program.
3) I wrote a wiki article about Santa Clara. I will translate it into Spanish and publish it after review. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Clara,_Chiriqui,_Panama#Santa_Clara.2C_a_small_town_in_the_province_of_Chiriqui.2C_district_of_Renacimento
4) Translated for doctors, dentists and and an optomologist at
two events over three days.
5) Presented a portion of Project Management and Leadership at two seminars organized by volunteers.
6) Planned and partially implemented a project involving the importation of up to 200 refurbished computers into Panama. Currently seeking Panamanian partner.